The truth hurts. So, let's just rip the Band-Aid off.
Just because you see something on Facebook, doesn't mean you have to "like" it. Don't be a chronic liker. If you're signing on to Facebook every day, and just pressing 'like' on every new status on your newsfeed, you're so annoying. And probably over the age of 50.
If you flat-out refuse to move over a seat in a crowded movie theater after someone asks, you don't belong in public. I actually witnessed this last weekend. I was furious. People like that are a great reason why I often choose animals > humans.
Tomorrow is Halloween and I can't wait for it to be over. Chances are, I will snarl at/ignore all adult clowns I see. I hope that's not you.
I think one of my biggest pet peeves (and I have many) is when...you know what, let's just name a few, shall we? Just a few...because I know you don't have all day.
- Mouth noises - teeth sucking, slurping, loud yawning, loud chewing, lip smacking, etc.
- Bowl scraping - yogurt, cereal, ice cream - whatever. It's G-O-N-E. Deal with it.
- When people just say what they think they should say, and don't back it up with action.
- Two spaces after a period. It's unnecessary. And not the year 1987 anymore.
- Loud talkers in public places. I think it's really important to know what an 'inside voice' is.
- Bullet points
- When women obviously don't wear the right bra - in the right size - for their figure.
- People who don't know how to make coffee in a 'regular' coffee maker.
- Voluntarily-slow walkers
- Actually biting my tongue
I don't wcw on Chrissy Teigen anymore. The below tweet was tweeted while the Ottawa shooting was unfolding, and no details had been released/gathered, yet.
I just found it insensitive, and quite frankly - stupid. I don't dig stupid people.
Leggings aren't for everyone. I mean, that's just really it. They're simply not for everyone. Personally, I think they only look truly appropriate on children.
The whole "street harassment" hot topic right now (did you see the video?) is mind-boggling. Mostly because I can't stand how people downplay the right of any person being able to walk down the street without being harassed. And, really - saying "smile" to a woman makes her want to do a lot of things to you - and smiling at you is not one of them. Also - I don't know if you watch SNL anymore (I really don't), but this new guy is an idiot.
And finally - don't even get me started on the nurse who is defying her state-ordered quarantine after returning from Sierra Leone, where she was treating Ebola patients. How incredibly self-righteous of her to think she's smart enough to make that decision for literally everyone. Can you imagine what she's like to work with? What a nightmare of a know-it-all.
Have a great Halloween weekend. Don't do anything I wouldn't do! Like celebrate.